Cough, cough, hack,
hack…sneeze!
Excuse
me while I dust off my poor neglected blog. A few layers of dust have gathered
while I was away doing all that a wife and homeschooling mama does. You know,
things like enjoying long relaxing baths, watching programs of my choice while
eating Bon Bons, relaxed grocery shopping and –-Yeah right! More like running to
and from multiple doctor and other appointments, crazed last minute grocery
shopping trips…with the kids, house chores that never end, keeping track of the
wild and busy boys while trying to also keep up with a growing teenage
daughter, researching and planning for another year of homeschool and, the list
could go on and on but we’ll just leave it at I was busy.
While
our lives were tumbling in and out of oblivion, I lost my motivation to write
here as I love to do. I miss writing
more than a few sentences or two like you do on Facebook, and I miss visiting
all my blog land friends, which I have tried to keep up with occasionally when
I had a few spare moments, and I miss sharing our lives and my thoughts, even
if I am the only reader.
This
last year has been a whirlwind of day-to-day and at times moment-to-moment. But
we are still managing, somehow, to get up and get things going each day and get
at least some of what needs done, done. This last year has also brought us many
changes that we are adjusting to and a few new challenges we are learning to
deal with.
In just
a few short weeks we will be beginning another year, our 10th year,
of homeschooling. I am excited and nervous as my oldest will begin her 9th
grade year, which here is officially… (Insert drum roll here) HIGH SCHOOL! Yes, I am a bit shocked we are here already and not
quite sure what to think. Thankfully, we do have a basic plan laid out and will
be working on final details soon, which I hope means that I will have the first
few months figured out, or at least mostly figured out very soon. Then, we will
just see where this road takes us, and hopefully, it will stay on the path I
have planned, but if life or God decided different (which is pretty much a
given) then we will adjust and as the GPS device says, “Re-routing new course.”
Either way, we will figure it out.
Along
with a high schooler in our homeschool this year, we will have a 6th
grader and a 2nd grader, if you count grades. We don’t do work per
grade as much as we work according to specific needs and levels of each of the
kids, so I am often having to think when someone asks what grade the kids are
in. Which I’m sure makes for another questioning look directed at us weird homeschoolers.
That’s okay, by now those looks and other comments don’t bother me anymore.
Well, it
looks like my spare time is up and it’s time to run more errands and wrangle
these kiddos. I hope to be back soon and get back into writing daily.
Today’s
quote for you:
“When one door of happiness closes, another
opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one
which has been opened for us.”
-Hellen Keller-
-Amber-



So good to hear from you here, Amber. I loved your series of pictures. A hoot! Blessings on your planning and the start of your year.
ReplyDelete