Friday, November 22, 2013

30 Days of Being Thankful...


I'm obviously not very good at keeping up with these posts. In fact I believe I started the 30 day of being thankful last year and didn't do so well then either. So tonight, I'm going to okay catch-up, but I'm not promising that I will do any better in the week to come.

30 Days of Being Thankful...

Day 12) With this very cold weather today (10*) I am thankful for a home, and heat within my home!

Day 13) I'm thankful, even though times are tough for many, us included, we never go without.

Day 14) I complain about having go to work, even though it's not very often (it's more of a dislike of getting dressed up) yet, I'm very thankful to have a job, and to have a job that works with me and basically allows me to come and go as I am able.

Day 15) I am thankful for my safety.
A co-worker of mine, is from the Philipines, and talking with her I have learned that her village, where she grew up and where all of her family is, was wiped out in the typhoon. And since it is a very small village, they have yet to receive any help from the outside. Along with the obvious struggles of living though a typhoon, after a prison was destroyed, now they are not safe as many convicted murders, rapists, and others are now loose and roaming the area.

Day 16) I am thankful that I get to have my children home with me each day. I can't imagine how much I would miss, if they were gone all day.

Day 17) I'm thankful that my youngest still comes and climbs in bed with me. He is very cuddly and as he is my last, I love that he still wants to snuggle with mama!

Day 18) A working wash and dryer. I'm thankful that, at the moment, my washer and dryer are still pluggin along. Each time I put a load of laundry in either one, I wonder if it will be the last. They both have their issues and only work if you bang on the left side twice, lean to the right, and balance
on one foot, just before you turn them on. :-)

Day 19) I'm thankful I have a great man as my husband. He treats me well, and loves all me even with all my craziness.

Day 20) I'm very thankful that my children have a wonderful father! I couldn't have asked for a better man to be their father. He loves them deeply, spends times with them, and is a very involved daddy! Oh, and he spoils them rotten, which they could do without. (smile) Yet, I would rather he spoil the kids then to not be involved or distant.

Day 21) I'm thankful for the freedom to choose my religion and worship as I want. And I'm thankful
that I have the freedom and am able to teach my children about our Chirstian beliefs in our  homeschool.

Day 22) I'm thankful for sweatpants! Yep, sweatpants! I'm one that likes to be comfortable!

These were in no particular order.

3 comments:

  1. l love your gratitude journal, and that comment you left made me cry, btw. It is so nice to be understood. I have a cuddly last child too who is still in my bed some of the night. Have a blessed weekend!

    My father's wife's family's home was also destroyed. So much heartbreak there. I wish our country would do more to help, but I know help goes slowly when infrastructure gets damaged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't mean to cause you tears, but yes, it is nice to be understood. It's comforting that others have similar struggles and yet are able to plug along. It gives me that little push to keep going myself, at times when it's incredibly difficult.

      Many prayers for those affected by the typhoon. Another reminder that we still are very blessed.

      Delete
  2. What a nice list! We too use our stuff until it falls off its last leg, so I understand that very well. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete