Who remembers the Berenstain Bears?
I do, I do!!!
I remember my mom reading Berenstain Bear stories over and over!
And I loved them all!
Now so do my kiddos !
Every night for over a week now, Little Man has picked a Berenstain Bear book for our bedtime story.

Reading together is something we all enjoy!
Lady Bug usually tends to read her own book in her room while I read a bedtime story to the boys.
But most nights before we are done she ends up right next to the boys listening to the story.
Last night, before we were done reading, even Daddy was cuddled up with us all as I read.
Last night's story was "TOO MUCH TV" !
Love it! Always have.
In fact I have read it many times to prepare the kids for our own little, NO TV week!
So when this book comes out they always ask if they are going to lose TV for a week too.
This time they are not...yet! :-)
I remember reading these books on my own many times as I was growing up and I am happy to see my
kids enjoying some books that I enjoyed as well.
And I love that they cover some great topics in such a fun way.
For awhile we had not been reading bedtime stories.
Things we just too busy, or so we thought.
But after spending the last few weeks getting back into making bedtime stories a must,
getting the kids to sleep has actually been easier.
And we all have really enjoyed our end of the day cuddles and time spent together.
Chels and Grace both loved the Berenstein Bear books. They're obviously too young for Grace now, so when I suggested we pass them along, she said, "Can't we put them in the keepsake box?" So that's where they went. I'll have to admit I didn't want to get rid of them either!
ReplyDeleteIsn't Too Much TV the one where Papa says, "How will I know what the weather will be?" and Mama says, "It's called sticking your hand out the window?"...not the exact quote. Love that line!
Yes, that's the book! It's one of my favorites!
DeleteThe books we have are the books I had a child. I hope to either keep them around for grandkids, many many years down the road or pass them on to the kiddos.
Don't forget the book I still have and the kids still ask me to read to them when they are over called "The Barenstein Bears and the Spooky Old Tree!" Thw whole series is so good anf fun to read, even for grandma's who has already read them hundreds of times with her own children.
ReplyDeleteThose books are great with their traditional values and fun ways of delivering the message of the story. Definitely a rare and wonderful combination for kids books that you don't see every day.
ReplyDelete