Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Need my "me" time again...



Mornings here can be quite beautiful. Not that I have been getting up early enough to see the sun rise lately. But I am really hoping to change that. When I was running I was up and out before the sun came up. Most mornings I had made it about half way when the sun decided to say hello, and I have to say that those mornings gave me such a boost for my day.  Being up and out to greet the sun and start the day with peace and God made for a much happier mama that day.

After this last year, I have allowed my "me" time to drop to the bottom of the priority totem pole. Running used to be my time. My time to be away from everything and everyone. My time to think, or not, and to just run through all the stress and frustrations of life at that moment. Pushing my body to keep going or go faster
was a huge stress reliever and of course had a great side effect of weight loss and feeling great. I hadn't realised how much I needed that time until I had completely let it go, for far too long. Now, after a year of neglecting myself it is plainly obvious that I have to put some time back into myself.

The last few weeks have been so busy with homeschooling the kiddos, working on the weekends, adjusting to hubby's new work schedule (which is wonderful by the way) and trying to keep daily needs for everyone met as well as appointments and more than enough errands. I had planned to have a nice smooth start to the new year, but again, I am reminded that my plans are nothing when it comes to God's plans.

With all this craziness I am reminded too that this is the time in which I, we, parents in general, need to make time for our self.  We need to take time to care for the one who is taking care of everyone and everything else.

Now that I have had my little pep talk with myself, and you, I guess I better do something about it. It's time. Life is always going to have it's challenges and struggles. And if  I, we, you, wait for a calmer or better time in life to take care of our self, we may never find the time.

I think I heard from someone before that in times of trial in life or the most stressful times it is even more important to take time to take care of our self!

5 comments:

  1. It's not only important...it essential (and not being selfish btw!) Make a date with yourself and put it in the planner/calendar, wherever so everyone can see it. Steve and the kiddos will appreciate the outcome I'm sure, and it'll also teach the kids that it is important to anyone's well being to have some time of solitude. After all, kids get naps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda!
      It is important! And i know that I have always felt the best when I was making sure I took time for myself, especially when that time was working out...alone!
      I can't keep waiting for things to calm down to make time for myself.

      Delete
  3. no no no you need to be a slaveSLAVE to your kiddos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't mind that Putz... ha! He just wants to give you a guilty hard time. Bet HE was the slave to his kids... what do you think?

    So glad you are going to get some YOU time. It's about time.... luv ya

    ReplyDelete