We had a wonderful time camping over the 4th of July. We enjoyed being outdoors for four days, and I truly loved being tech-free for the weekend. I turned off my cell phone and didn't miss it the entire time. It was nice. Now to just work on starting another tech-free week for the family!
I promised I share some camping photos, so here we go...
We took a nice hike up the mountain trail and were pleased to enjoy such beautiful sites along the way.
I love taking shots from different angles.
Each year I take this a picture from this very spot.
And every year it's so different but, absolutely beautiful.
Though we didn't enjoy sitting around the campfire in the rain,
we all were treated with a beautiful rainbow afterwards.
If you look closely on the right, it was a double rainbow.
I love this shot. It was just the perfect setting.
The photos never quite do the beauty of this place justice, but I'm sure you can see why we enjoy this place year after year.
What did you do for the 4th of July? Do you have a favorite camping place?
I'm 'camped out' in a townhouse in Orange County in SoCal filled with boxes that need to be unpacked- and honestly couldn't be happier. You know I don't do 'real' camping, but your photos are almost enough to make me want to brave it again.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you guys had a fun get away. It's looks so beautiful.
One of these days I'll have to bring you out here and take you camping...even if just for a night. I think you just might, maybe, enjoy yourself.
ReplyDeleteWe have taken a camper the last few times and I think for many, like my hubby, it's what makes the difference. The kids and I are quite happy in a tent, but hubby not so much. So my mom is kind enough to let us borrow her camper so our whole family will go and have fun.
But, I'm thinking, I just might be able to get you to enjoy at least a night camping.
The kids would keep you so busy, you'd forget to be uncomfortable. ;-)
Living out of boxes is similar to camping. Though, I do think I rather be camping than having to pack up, move, and unpack all our stuff. **sigh** My family loves their stuff far too much.
Hope the move and all is going well for you!
I just love the photo with the beautiful clouds in it. They look like they are being blown by some one invisible! Oh, and the rainbow one is very special as well.
ReplyDeleteWe really are treated with some wonderful sights each year at camp! I treasure each photo I can get, even though most of the photos don't due justice to the true beauty.
ReplyDelete