Thursday, July 10, 2014

Quick post...

This picture has absolutely no point in the post. I just happen to love frogs and think this frog looks like one awesome guy...or girl.   

  

One of these days, probably during the winter when we're not quite so busy, I'll manage to get back into the habit of blogging regularly. I miss blogging and I miss reading my blogger buddies' posts. Though a few times a week I try to take a quick peek a blog post or two. 

It has been an odd summer so far. Busy and yet, not. We did get up into the mountains over the 4th and had a great time. We spent nearly four days in the mountains and away from the city. It was so nice to be up in the woods again,walking through the trees and playing in the creek...the COLD creek! It was a much needed outdoor break us all. 

The kids were so happy to be back "home" in hills. They spent the entire four days outdoors playing, fishing, riding ATV's, having water fights, romping though the trees, sitting by the campfire, and turning from nice clean kiddos to dirt covered,and completely happy creatures. They enjoyed roasting marshmallows and hot dogs over the fire and hot chocolate around the campfire. And I couldn't forget the zip line! Every year my grandpa brings and sets up a cable zip line across the small creek we camp near. It is something the kids look forward to all year long! They spend a great deal of the weekend sending each other across the creek and spraying each other with squirt guns as they ride across. 

With us and the kids being so familiar with our campsite and knowing how safe it is up where we camp, I am able to actually sit down and enjoy a little quiet time while the kids play. As much as I miss my kiddos being little I enjoy camping more now that I am able to let the kids run and play, within their boundaries, and not have to chase them each and every step of the way. 

I will return soon and share some of our camping photos. Until then, I hope you all are having a wonderful summer. 

**Please ignore all the grammar and spelling mistakes, I'm posting on an ipad and can't figure out how to scroll back up to correct anything. Though, I'm sure if I woke my daughter, she'd know how to fix it all. 

This is my favorite quote: 

2 comments:

  1. That frog photo is amazing and I agree camping is so much more fun when you don't have to chase them and worry what they're getting into. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was a bit more relaxing this time as I didn't have to chase them all over. It helps that on this trip we had quite a bit of family with us so there were other adults around, and everyone really does great keeping an eye on all the kiddos. There are always a handful of teens as well, and they usually do a great job not only helping with but playing with the younger kiddos.
    Hope you've have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete