![]() |
| Sunset at camp over the lake. |
![]() |
![]() |
| I loved this cactus plant, I'm not sure of the name, but it was so interesting. |
One of my favorites was the sunsets over the lake, they really were beautiful. I enjoy the sunsets over the mountains each night and the sunrises on the plains behind our home each morning, but I have to say that watching the sunset/sunrise over the water is absolutely beautiful.
Much of the plant life and flowers had already begun to wilt and turn, but I did find a few that were still bright and colorful. They were a welcome sight as camping in a very desert like area is very brown and colorless, with the exception of the lake and the few trees that manage to survive the summer heat.
Being out on the water is what I look forward to the most. And as every year, I love the sight of all the boats lined up along the docks. I did not have a chance to walk along the docks to the end and photograph the sail boats but the view from the water was still impressive.
We enjoyed our camping trip, the last one until next spring and summer. Of course the kids are already asking when we can go back and to be honest, I too am ready for another trip. But since the nights are getting colder, I think I'd want to find a nice little log cabin to rent for a weekend. Actually, one of the things I hope to do within the next few years, is to rent a cozy log cabin up in the mountains and have an old fashioned Christmas with my family.
Do you enjoy camping? What are your favorite camping activities?
Me? Obviously we do enjoy camping, and my favorite part is simply being outdoors for a few days! And watching the kids be free and happy away from the city and the walls of our home.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

Growing up in a family that sought out time in the woods and open spaces helped to shape who I am and I love it all. From the desert to the mountains to the shores and ravines. Every place has a magic all it's own. Thanks for sharing...
ReplyDeleteI think to truly lov and enjoy camping and time outdoors, you have to grow up with it. And that is one thing I am absolutely determined to give my kids...a love of nature and being outdoors!
DeleteAmber, you're a great photographer! I love the lake and sunset pics especially. We need to try your weekly nature outing, at least until the snow arrives. You inspire me. Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteThank you, I love taking photos and being outdoor gives me such an wide open landscape to enjoy and see through the lens of my camera!
DeleteI have been surprised at how much the kids have enjoyed this nature journey. I wasn't sure how much they would like visiting the same place, but they all look forward to going each week. And the boys are excited to do these studies in the snow as well. I'm not too sure how much I'll enjoy it in the snow and cold, but I'm going to put on a smile and see what happens. (wish us luck)