Saturday, September 7, 2013

Ready for fall!



I have never been one to enjoy the hot weather. This fair skin, red-head, does not do well in the heat! Not-At-All! I do believe I was never intended to live where the temps, at any point, make it above *80! Nope, not me! I think I would do quite well in, say, Alaska, Greenland, maybe Iceland!  Ok, well maybe not somewhere quite so cold, but I could definitely handle cooler temps year round! Unfortunately the rest of my little family enjoys the warmer weather.  

The last few days have been fairly hot, for Colorado, and have been sitting in the high 90's. Since we live out on the plains (desert like if you ask me) it gets pretty warm. And with very few trees to help shade the house we basically bake for much of the summer. 

With my patience of the heat just about gone, I have been thinking of fall quite often. Fall is my favorite time of year! I love having the windows open and feeling that cool crisp air blowing through the house. And I love being able to play outside with the kiddos until sundown and not burning up in the sun or being eaten up by swarms of Mosquitos. 

With the excitement of fall inching closer and closer, I have been thinking about and craving pumpkin bread. I decided that tonight instead of waiting for fall, we were going to make some pumpkin bread. So even as we heated up the already warm house with the baking of bread, it is a welcome sweet smell. Now, we are going to enjoy our fresh hot pumpkin bread...in front of the air conditioner. 




 
Who else is ready for fall? 
What is your favorite season and why? 

9 comments:

  1. I'm not made for temps below 75 degrees lol You would LOVE Alaska, if you could get over the wonky day light issues they have ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to come over to the uk. We consider high 80's to be steaming hot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sign me up!
      I'm buying plane tickets now... :-)
      *80 is "nice" for most people here, but not me! I'm happy when it's between *68 and *72, anything more is just too much for me.

      Delete
  3. It's funny how many of us are either lovers of the hot or cold. You know how I feel on this issue- Fall marks the end of the fun and sun for me and the beginning of 'I'm cold and I just can't get warm'. I do think it makes a big difference whether there's humidity or not though.
    I'm trying to appreciate what the different seasons are about and your pumpkin bread does sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel bad for those of you that will be freezing all winter. But man, am I ready for some cooler weather! We also don't have the humidity, or any, here so the colder temps are not as drastic here as they are in other places. Actually, here we are typically able to be outdoors just about all year round. We have our share of really hot days, and our share of very cold days. But we often have more nice weather, than not.

      I'm just happy it's nearly time for pumpkins and changing leaves! Those are my favorite!

      Delete
  4. Oh, I so agree and I'm itching to make pumpkin bread too. Hate the heat and our air conditioner broke recently. Tomorrow the fall temps start here in Ohio and I'm so excited!

    I didn't realize Colorado had many mosquitoes? They've been bad here this year. It definitely put a damper on hiking this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Fall! Can't wait!
      I've found that not everywhere in Colorado has quite so many pesky little mosquitos but our area sure seems to be breeding grounds for them. And my poor kids are apparently very sweet to the little bug because they can hardly walk out the door without being attacked.

      I'm excited for the fall hiking we do. Cooler temps and less bugs means we are able to go even further!

      Delete
  5. Spring is my favorite time of year. Fresh clean air, sunshine, birds singing, new grass and flowers, trees budding, etc. etc. I feel new and ready to begin life out of doors again. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy spring too, but knowing the heat is right around the corner makes it hard for me to be too happy about it! I do love the spring time fresh air and getting the garden started.
      I think I'd be happy if we could stick with spring, fall, and a it of winter (I do enjoy the snow).

      Delete