Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Camping Trip over the 4th of July


The kids playing in the creek. Our favorite pasttime while camping here!
The water is safe and lots of fun!
 

It rained some each day we were camping.
 


Secret Spy Storm 5 enjoyed shooting the BB gun!




Secret Spy J9 spent time target practicing with his bow and arrows.


 

"Hey, I want a turn to shoot too!!"







Peek-a-boo, I see you!



Our favortie sopt on the creek.
 


Secret Spy Storm 5, huunting wild animals deep in the forset.
 

This is the view from our camp spot.
This is also where, in my dreams, I plan to build my log cabin.
 
 


My baby girl. A bit dirty and cold from the creek, but still enjoying the mountains very much!


 


My favorite part of the drive to our camping spot. I love all the trees!


7 comments:

  1. Please ignore any spelling errors and anything else that does not come up properly on this post. Blogger was not working well and gave me fits while trying to set up this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say this sounds like fun but my idea of camping is with a shower near by hah :D But glad you guys enjoyed yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I would like to have a shower close by too, but we manage.
      I know many of my friends think the same way. A few have said camping is a bad motel for them. I just laugh. We grew up camping and for us it's truly a wonderful way to get out in nature and enjoy the fresh air and mountains.

      I've been pleased to see how much my kids love it too. It's our place where the kids can have complete freedom and run to their hearts content! I'm far more comfortable letting my kids runs through the hills than through the city!

      You'll have to try one of those camp grounds with neat little cabins, with running water and a shower. :-)

      Delete
  3. Glad you guys had a great time. Hopefully our truck will be fixed by next year...IT BETTER BE! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures are so lovely. It makes me want to find your secret spot.
    Although I don't camp anymore, I do take day trips and long drives into the woods when I travel. I love the winding dirt roads and tree lined drives. They always seem so perfect in my mind. No bugs, or potholes or anything!
    Thanks for sharing the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes me almost feel like I was there with you. My memory of the secret spot is kept fresh due to your pictures each time you and Brenda and others share them with me. Thanks! So glad the little spies love it so much. I grew up camping since I was a baby and you too as a baby. You were a great camper as a kid. And the tradition of mountain kids marches on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amber- I have passed along the Liebster Award to you. Visit my blog for info.

    ReplyDelete