Monday, June 3, 2013

Monday's Mumbling...



*There are so many pictures posted on facebook but this one has always caught my eye, and my heart.

*This morning I enjoyed having 90 minutes all to myself before the kids woke up. It's not something I get to enjoy often, and never for quite so long. I was completely surprised when I woke up to find all three kids still asleep. Normally, the boys are the first ones up and often they are up with the sun! 

*We started back to school today. We've taken the last two weeks off and enjoyed the start of our summer. We will be doing school through the summer, but not a full schedule. We will be working on reading, writing, and math. After this last year I feel we need a little time to catch up with our school.

*I finally had a chance to get my garden cleaned up and some seeds planted. As of right now I have squash, onions, lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, green beans, cucumbers, watermelon, and pumpkins. Now, if everything will survive and produce anything, is any one's guess. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

*Wild Thing has a birthday this month and has decided he wants an underwater spy themed party. Meaning he wants the pool, slip and slide, and the sprinklers out at his party. So I am trying to come up with some "spy" ideas. I have a few thoughts on some little trinkets to make for the kids, but I'm up for suggestions if you have any!!! He is turning 9 and is all boy, so anything that involves dirt, noise, toy guns, bugs, snakes and anything icky and creepy is what he loves!

*My sweet little Little Man was working on his words today, and I am impressed at how well he is doing. He flew through his words quickly and with ease. I love that he is reading!
He has been working on reading the first of the little Bob books.  They are cute little books that are written so that the beginning reader can read a whole book!

*There aren't too many families involved yet, but I have finally put together a "fun club" for homeschoolers. We meet twice a month in the summer and once a month through the winter. So far we have been on a nature hike, had a picnic, and we have met at  the park to let the kids play.  This week we are going to meet at a local attraction and enjoy a morning hike and maybe another picnic afterwards. Then, later this month we are going to meet at the local art museum and enjoy the art the kids will work on some art of their own. Depending on time we may also take a trip over to a local favorite of mine, the pioneers museum.

*Hubby is enjoying his new job. He has been there nearly 6 months now. It's a big adjustment to where he was for the last 17 years. The hours and schedule are different and that is going to take some time to get used to. But the company is, thankfully not family owned, which in this case is a big bonus.

With summer here and so much to do I have not been able to blog as much as I'd like. It's such a nice outlet for me, so I will be here as often as I am able.

I hope you all are having a great summer so far.

Remember, if you have any "spy party" ideas please share!!


1 comment:

  1. I wish I had some good spy ideas to share...

    Sounds like you guys have a great summer coming along. You'll be good and ready for next year! How much do I love It that you got a home school group together for activities?!

    That quote at the top is awesome: When I worked as a nanny I would never tell the kids what I thought of stuff before I got what they thought out of them first, and sometimes it drove them nuts. Now the kids have often told me that they were so happy I did that. It truly is the more natural way to learn, I think.

    ReplyDelete