Thursday, May 16, 2013

Summer Fun Bucket List

                       
The kids and I have decided to put together a Summer Bucket List. We often have great ideas of things we want to do or places we want to go see, but we seem to forget all those wonderful ideas when we actually have the time and ability to go do something. So we decided to get a head start this summer.

This is our summer bucket list. Many on our list are typical summer activities, others are some fun creative ideas the kids came up with.

Have you made your Summer Fun Bucket List yet?


                          

  • pool time
  • playtime at the park
  • bike rides
  • lots of walks
  • nature hikes
  • camping
  • play in sprinklers
  • picnics -at parks or in the mountains
  • art day at the art museum
  • craft day with friends
  • trip to local splash park
  • costume party (kids love having Halloween parties throughout the year)
  • day at the county fair
  • spy party (the boys came up with this one)
  • dinosaur party
  • build bird houses
  • pajama dance party
  • movie and pizza night
  • trip to the zoo
  • field day with friends (just like last day of school)
  • art walk (walk through downtown, taking in the sights and drawing what interests the kids)
  • cooking day
  • museum of nature and science
  • dinosaur museum
  • fossil beds (local attraction)
  • dinosaur dig day (boys want to go dig for dino bones)
  • family game/movie nights
  • go to the movies
  • trip to the ice cream shop
  • roller skating
  • ice skating
  • and pool time (kids said this one many, many times)
I think that was most of them.

So far the kids are excited about the list. We are trying to go ahead and put some activities that we can on the calendar. I do much better if something is actually scheduled on the calendar. I'm not sure if we will get to everything or not this summer, but we are really going to try.

What ideas would you put on your summer fun bucket list?


2 comments:

  1. Amber- I have searched your blog and just like mine there is no email address on it.;) I would like to contact you via email if I could.
    Let me know and I will leave my email for you back here, if that's ok. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I put a comment on here before but it's gone. Anyway, such cool and fun ideas. Kids will remember all the fun outings they had when they grow up and therefore will be sure to offer the same kinds of family activities and outings with their children. What a beautiful tradition to infuse your kids with. Love it.....

    ReplyDelete